Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Smashing Summer Starfruit!

I've got to admit...when the new Stampin' Up! In colors came out in June I thought they were all wonderful except for one.  You've guessed it, Summer Starfruit.
 In the last couple of days I have been playing around with the new In colors.  During our July team meeting I won the drawing and got a cute little bucket full of Summer Starfruit card stock and  Patio Party designer series paper conveniently cut into  4 1/4 x 5 1/2 pieces.  I decided to make as many cards as I could using only my prize paper, whisper white card stock and 2012-2014 In color ink and I was really pleased with the results.
I was able to make 7 cards and still have a little leftover. It only took me a little over an hour! I found that all the In colors do complement each other and that I especially like Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse together. For years I have seen challenges on websites and blogs that suggest limiting yourself to a certain color theme or design but have never really tried any of them.  I actually found that limiting myself in this way made the creative process a lot easier.  I will definitely use this strategy again and maybe even take one of those challenges. When I do you will be the first to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment