Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The evolution of an idea

When I got my pre-order from the brand new catalog a couple of weeks ago I was so taken with the new InColors that I set out to use them with the new stamp sets I ordered. Above is Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock with the Coastal Cabana ink on the tag.  I accented with pool party ribbon (sale-a-bration 2013.) A quick and easy card.

 For the next card I kept the same color scheme but added some contrast by using the fancy fan embossing folder on the background piece of cardstock.  With the color on color of the Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock I think it is a nice effect.
By the time I got around to making some birthday cards I decided to put the little lacy doily behind the upper half of the circle rather than the lower half. Then to provide contrast on just the lower half of the card I dry embossed the bottom half only of the background cardstock. This time using Strawberry Slush. Instead of ribbon I used the new Washi tape from the Gingham Garden suite across the center of the card.

Which of the three do you like best?

By the way, if you would like to be able to see and buy new products before they are sold to the public become a part of my Stampin' Up! team.  You will get a discount on everything you buy and be among the first to enjoy all the new products.

No comments:

Post a Comment